A chemical peel treatment uses chemical solution to improve and smoothen texture of facial skin by removing its damaged outer layers. The new, regenerated skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled than the older skin.
Chemical Peel in Faridabad/Delhi at Clinic Skin Care involves the application of a chemical exfoliant to wound the epidermis and dermis for removal of superficial lesions and improve the texture of skin.
The above image illustrates the chemical peel before and after effects.
Various type of peels are available and according to their concentration used, their depth can vary.
- Alpha hydroxy acid e.g. Glycolic acid, lactic acid, Citric acid, Mandelic acid
- Beta hydroxy acid e.g. Salicylic acid
- Retinoic acid peel
- Phenol – Croton oil peel
Various acidic and basic chemical agents are used to produce the varying effects of light to medium and deep chemical peels. The level of penetration and inflammation determines the level of peeling. This is why application of a chemical peel on face requires the expertise of a professional doctor to avoid any side effects or mishappenings during the procedure.
- Reduction of pigmentation e.g. freckles, age spots, melasma etc.
- Improvement in the texture of the skin and uneven skin tone.
- Adds radiance or glow to the skin.
- Improvement in the appearance of mild scars.
- Improves photoaging and fine lines.
- Improvement in under eye dark circles.
- Treatment of acne.
- The solution is applied to the face after cleaning with a gentle cleanser.
- It is then left for some time on the skin to act, depending on the solution used and the patient’s skin type.
- Then, the peeling agent is neutralized with a buffer solution.
- The procedure is natural, safe & painless.
- More than one peel can be used sequentially.
- Multiple sessions are required for optimum results.
- Procedure is usually repeated at a 2-week interval.
A person who has undergone for facial with chemical peel must follow all the precautions suggested by their doctor to avoid any kind of chemical peel side effects. Yet some of the minor effects that can occur have been listed below:
- Mild redness or soreness of skin which lasts for few minutes.
- Mild exfoliation can be expected after the treatment.
- After a chemical peel, skin becomes temporarily sensitive to the sun, so wear sunscreen every day.